Do you need one great reason to take dietary supplements? I think people forget that supplements are actually food and nutrients. According to Wikipedia, the definition of Supplements is to provide nutrients that may be missing or not consumed in a person’s diets.
Here are five great reasons you should (MUST) take your dietary supplements. .
- You don’t eat right which means you do not eat according to the 2009 Food Pyramid, which includes 2 cups of Fruit, 2.5 cups of Vegetables and being physically active for at least 30 minutes. Or you eat industrial (plant-manufactured) foods—fast food, frozen food, injected foods. Either way, you are not eating right.
- The foods you eat are deprived of minerals and vitamins. The soils are depleted of minerals and the foods are deficient in over 77 trace minerals needed to sustain our health. And with that being said, I didn’t even mention the genetically modified foods or the acid rain. Food quality is not what it was 30 years ago and all of the tests demonstrate this.
- Your digestive system is not working correctly. That means that on a daily basis you do not have a bowel movement or you have acid reflux. Great immune health starts with digestion. If your body does not get rid of toxins then they overflow from the liver into the blood stream thus impairing your immune system.
- Your body is deficient in some of the basic vitamins. The deficiencies in basic vitamins are well documented with numerous studies from the National Health and Nutrition Education Survey and the AMA. Some more popular vitamin deficiencies include Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A. The deficiencies range from 15% to 85% in research of 100 patients.
- Why put your body at risk for diseases? When your body is deficient in certain vitamins, you increase your risks for cardio vascular diseases, cancer, osteoporosis, and auto-immune diseases.
So, from a knowledge and education standpoint, taking supplements is an absolute must. That is why so many of my doctor colleagues are now recommending supplements to their patients. The doctors are writing scripts for vitamins like prescription drugs. The optimal health is the primary recommendation.
Know your body and educate yourself on wellness, as a healthier you requires dietary supplementation.